meteoblue maps are currently under heavy development and features are added or adjusted. We cannot guarantee that all APIs are stable and will not receive any breaking changes. A first integration will only offer a subsets of the full functionality and customizability, but enable easy integration of maps defined by meteoblue as well as a technology basis for further adaption.
The new meteoblue maps are designed to be able to visualize any variable of any weather forecast model in any imaginable map style configuration.
- OSM compatible tiles. Both vector and raster are supported.
- Simple plugin to integrate customized maps with different colorable, contour steps, etc.
- API to generate tiles for any weather variable, level, time resolution and aggregation.
The meteoblue maps consist out of two parts:
- The Maps Plugin provides a frontend with possibilities to select diffrent maps, time steps and overlays.
- The configuration of the Maps Plugin can be quite complex. Because of this, all the configuration is located in a JSON named inventory. For the initialization of the Maps Plugin such a inventory is required. This can be taken from the Inventory API.